Sunday, March 12, 2006

Marathon squash; fantastique but crazily tiring CaRDiff Games 2006!






Well, here i am , typing out and posting some random shots of the wonderful squash torney which we had, when my whole body is aching madly, legs covered with bruises, shoulder aching like mad; physically and mentally tired adi... but anyways, lets keep this short. All i have to say was that i did'nt finish last in my 1st real torney! Haha! and the medal's quality presented was fanstastic too! Though... on a more careful look, if u notice, it's actually a 2005 games medal, and not 2006! kinda weird huh!! (tongue in cheek^^)

Good workout; won my 1st 3 games convincingly in the group stages (for the 1st time in my life, though only a measly 4 participants), then proceded to the round-robin for the best 3 players, then to my undoing, i unfortunately dug my own downfall by drawing 2 consecutive matches after my last gp-stages match. Well, so heck , had to play thru 3 consecutive games! was feeling like shit adi; stomach hungry, body aching, wrist hurting like mad, petrol tank runing of fatty acid fuel, then forced to play anohter rubber game in 2nd-last match (3rd-last also went to rubber set), then at the last set, practically my body gave up adi! haha.. kena straight-sets defeat by weishen. Hahaha! But he was the better player no doubt-la! Anyways, lost only 1 match and that undoing caused me better final position! ~Would like to thank Farhan, Fairul & weishen for giving me seriously competitive matchups; also not forgeting waiping for diligently keeping the score-sheets... also, most importantly gayetri for bringing over my needed 'fuel' (ie food~best nasi tomato ever) all the way from Talybont (though she 'got lost halfway' :P )! Good & memorable game indeed! May this set the precedent for more squash torney in the nx cardiff games! ooh..and apparently, squash torney was 1st time organised in any of the official Malaysian Games in the whole of UK! Another round of applause to all!!

Must work on fitness & improve technique, then can avenge my defeat to shakiran nx time along! hahah! Till the nx cardiff Games! ^^

*may i suggest that we have a relay-running team event in the nx games? Mixed event will be great! Gerenti puas hati one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home