Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is it a sacrifice worth making, when you've been pulling all the stops into hopefully getting a kind exemption from the august body, but the thought that all the work will only come to naught always lingers..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29 May 2010:
To live in the moment or to to live for the future? Short term vs long term gains?
The everyday perception that everything is nice and dandy is quite a skewed belief as I really don't know first hand what's it like in the latter option: the righteous one.
And I don't want to do a runner, like what simon says (with his suspiciously glaring stare, already casting persistent question marks over other colleagues). Principally it is wrong. I can't fault the system as I've benefited from it till now handsomely. I don't know what the future holds but if you can't beat the system, you've got to join it- if you're pete however, this doesn't apply!
But I think they'll be genuinely surprised by what they see or hear two months down the road... I've been trying to be as non-judgemental and honest to portray a fair picture of the situation, but certain pertaining issues which I feel as inappropriate and worthwhile clarifying, I'm never afraid to stoke fire where needed. I'm sorry but certain things has to be said. No scheming off hard earned tax-payers money, less one is willing to return the whole investment ploughed in- the contract, if it stands as it is, is farcical and is a harbinger for blatant abuse - a thought of which truly disappoints and saddens me. Ask cly and sy, and they'll tell you what the privies, the other end of our 'priviledged' spectrum, actually feel about the indiscretion.
The numerous outdoor pursuits with relatively flexible working hours is so tempting; plans have been made for various activities through the year - that might need a couple of reality checks- i'm so sorry guys, but you might need to do the snowdon race with gar in the lead instead!
And my apprehension towards an eastern working culture - it feels to me as my form of escapism, always taking the easier way out. I feel I've been too complacent and comfortable in the safe bubble here, a challenge is definitely a good way to lead me back to the yesteryears of hard work, strong self discipline and continuous strive for achievement, a drive somewhat tapering with the years spent in the cold... ie becoming a bummer, as what CKK and JH always banter about! Thoughts and more such thoughts takes up a lot of valuable glucose which could do with a diversion towards healthier activities, like cooking and online shopping! Ultimately it is my decision.

I would like to think I am quite adaptable, yet risk-averse!

I've been trying to arrange 'job-swaps' with the chaps here, but to no avail!

I definitely need to bring down my brick wall.
More importantly, let me not loose sight of the finishing line!
* I am still eyeing the infinito athena though ^^





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home